Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Creative Way to support Homeless Animals

Tula, adopted from Pet Haven in 2004.
A few weeks ago Pet Haven got an email from Alecia, who adopted Tula from Pet Haven in 2004. She wanted to give us an update and to also let us know that she was getting married (congratulations Alecia!) soon and since her best friend Tula wasn't able to physically be at her wedding she wanted to honor her ....

And in Tula's honor, Alecia and her soon-to-be husband Ryan have made a $500 donation and would like for Tula to be recognized as a Fall Benefit bronze sponsor!!!

This was  Alecia's original email to us: "I adopted by precious Tula (formerly Petula), a cute little Pekingnese, from Pet Haven approximately 6 years ago when I lived in Minnesota (I now live in Chicago). She has been my best friend and the best dog I could ever ask for. She has been with me through so many ups and downs, and I think of her as my little angel. Thank you Pet Haven for making this possible for me and Tula :)"
Alecia, Tula and Ryan

For the amount she was wanting to donate Pet Haven (and I'm sure Tula and her mom and dad-to-be would agree!) felt like she deserved even more recognition and could get that as a Fall Benefit bronze sponsor!

Alecia had the following to share with us:


"We adopted Tula from the Pet Haven in 2004, and I thank God for bringing us together on a regular basis. Although I don't know how Tula got to Pet Haven, I do know that her and I were meant to find each other. She has been a huge comfort during some very difficult times, and her funny face always seems to bring out smiles to everyone she meets. Tula and I moved from the lakes of Minnesota to the big city of Chicago in 2006. While in Chicago, I met the love of my life, Ryan, and now Tula and I are looking forward to becoming one big happy family when Ryan and I get married on October 8th. I wanted Tula to be the flower girl in the wedding, but it was just too difficult since our wedding is in Florida. In order to make Tula's presence felt at the wedding, I decided to make a wedding donation to the Pet Haven and put a write-up in our wedding program about Tula and the wonderful organization that helped bring us together. I am hoping that this will help raise awareness for the Pet Haven or even for other local animal rescues or humane societies. I feel very thankful and indebted to Pet Haven for allowing me to adopt my precious Tula. She is a true blessing, and I love her with all of my heart! Thank you Pet Haven. Keep up the good work helping dogs, cats, and pet lovers like me!"

Thank you Alecia and Ryan ... and congrats Tula ... you are one lucky pup :) I am sure your mom (and soon dad-to-be would argue with you that they are the lucky ones!

If you would like to honor your pet/family member too, consider a Fall Benefit bronze sponsorship! For more info click here or email marilou@pethavenmn.org

The Fall Benefit is also around the corner ---- Saturday, October 29th! If you haven't purchased your ticket be sure to purchase your ticket today. Tickets can be purchased online (www.pethavenMN.org). How about gathering a group of your friends together and buying a table of 10 ... as an all-volunteer organization, all funds raised from the Fall Benefit go directly towards helping homeless dogs and cats.

2010 Fall Benefit
Photo by Sarah Beth Photography


No comments: