Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Photos from March 5, 2011 Adoption Events

Sheeba ... the welcoming committee
at the adoption event on Saturday!
One of the great things about volunteering with Pet Haven is that there are a variety of volunteer opportunities and we do our best to match interests and passions of our volunteers with the needs of Pet Haven in helping us fulfill our mission of rescuing and re-homing dogs and cats and reducing pet overpopulation through spay/neuter initiatives, advocacy and outreach.

I am one of several 'bloggers' for the Pet Haven cat and dog blogs. I have been blessed to be a part of this incredible organization for over 4 years and have taken on a variety of roles and responsibilities over the years. Recently I have discovered a passion for photography ... so I thought ... how about combining my passion and desire to learn more about photography with my passion for helping animals??!! And that's what I have done, and in many ways feel like it's the best volunteer job one could have ... yes, then again, i'm a little biased :) I get kisses and purrs from these beautiful beings while trying to capture their spirit and their essence. And then I throw the photos into a video and put some music behind it to hopefully highlight these very special beings who desperately need for us Humans to be a voice for them and to give them that little boost in helping them find that very special person(s) who can provide them with their own home ... a forever home they hope, and a home with someone who will love them as unconditionally as they will love you.

I hope you'll join us in being a voice for these homeless dogs and cats. For now, they are being loved and cared for by their foster families but their wish is to have a family and a home of their own. Please share the video below with your family and friends.

Also, if you would like to learn more about volunteering email us at volunteer@pethavenMN.org. We will be having a new volunteer orientation on Saturday, 3/12.

In the 4+ years I have been volunteering with Pet Haven, I have received so much more from these incredible creatures who have taught me so much about life/living, compassion, community and the importance of giving back to causes we believe in and being a voice for the voiceless. There are many ways you can support Pet Haven or any other animal rescue: adopt, foster, donate, volunteer. I hope you consider one of them.

With gratitude,
Marilou Chanrasmi
Vice-President, Pet Haven Inc of Minnesota


No comments: