Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Junior

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! My name is Junior and I am a very smart 10 week old puppy. I already know how to use the computer. My foster mom uses the computer a lot, so I have been watching her carefully and taking notes.

I wanted to write my own blog entry to let everyone know what foster dogs like me are thankful for during this holiday season. (Kelly, the usual blog writer, is thankful for a "day off"!)

I am thankful for my foster mom, who is molding me into a model canine citizen. She is tackling the no-fun job housetraining me so that my forever family doesn't have to work quite as hard on that one. She is also teaching me what objects in the house are "appropriate chew toys" and which ones are not (but those are always so tasty!!).

I am thankful for the donated puppy food that I am eating. YUM! I really enjoy all my food and treats and never having to worry about where my next meal is coming from.

I am thankful for my warm bed and my toys. I've never experienced "winter" before, but man, what a drag! I am so glad that I get to hang out inside now in front of the fireplace on my fleece blanket.

I am thankful for my foster fur siblings (even if they are not so sure that they are thankful for me). I appreciate all of their patience when I bite their tails and steal their toys. Sometimes they tell me to back off and look pretty annoyed, but I know that deep down they love me (how could you not love me?).

I would never admit it outloud, but I am thankful for my vet care. Even the shots. I want to grow up healthy and strong. Thank you to all of the Pet Haven donors who help to pay for my vet care.

Finally, I am thankful that somewhere out there my forever family is waiting for me. They might be looking for me now, or they might not even realize that they need a Junior yet, but soon they will come to meet me and we will live happily ever after. I am thankful for Pet Haven and Rosie's Red Lake Rescue for taking care of me until my forever family comes around.

I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend as much as I will enjoy mine. If you want to get together and maybe adopt me email pethavendogs@yahoo.com.

Love, Junior

The dog blog is taking the holiday weekend off and will resume posting on Monday!

No comments: