Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ahnung's story in photos ....

This past Monday, Kelly shared with you on our Adopted Monday blog posting that Ahnung was adopted ... YES, for third time I have "failed" at fostering (i.e. - adopted all 3 fosters!). I have conceded that I am simply not capable of fostering :) I think I should just focus my efforts on continuing to serve in my role as president of Pet Haven and stay out of the fostering world :)

I would like to challenge others, however, to consider fostering. Heck ... give it a shot! If you fail, then that's okay ... simply means another homeless dog has found a forever home! Maybe you'll even "fail" three times like me!! I now have 3 big black dogs at home :) [On a side note: Did you know that black dogs and cats get euthanized at high rates in shelters across the country --- a phenomenon known as Black Dog Syndrome. Pet Haven has lots of wonderful black dogs still waiting to be adopted. Please help us get the word out about these beautiful black dogs. Please consider adopting one of these black beauties!]

This Sunday morning Ahnung wanted me to share with you her story, so I share with you a video I put together. Many thanks to all of the incredible volunteers and supporters of Pet Haven and to Red Lake Rosie's Rescue -- together we can works towards a day when there will be no more homeless animals!

Marilou
marilou@pethavenmn.org

No comments: