Monday, November 30, 2009

I Need You!

Since none of my Pet Haven dog friends were adopted this past week, our bloggers handed over the laptop so I could tell my story. Maybe after reading it you would want to bring me home with you.


My name is Herman.  I was adopted out of the Humane Society in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  I thought it was a good thing because I was going to a home.  It turned out not to be a good place for me and the people who I thought were mine let me go.  I ran around for a while by myself.  After a few days of feeding myself in this little town, I got wind that I was going to be shot as a stray dog.   Someone who wasn't as mean called  Animal Control and they came to get me in their truck.

In case you don't know, Animal Control is NOT a place you want to be.  It is cramped and you don't get to stay there very long anyway, if you know what I mean.  Lucky for me, a nice lady who knew me at the Humane Society called Pet Haven and asked if they would take care of me until someone really great who would love me forever found me.

I'm a little over a year old.  I am part German Shepherd and part Hound. Don't you love my floppy ears?Kids and other playful dogs I like.  Cats annoy me but I suppose I could try to get along with them if I had to.

I am really eager to start my new life with a person or persons who will love me.  You can foster me or you can adopt me.   If I could put in a request, I would like you to have an active life.  I like a good snuggle on the couch as much as the next guy, but I also like to get out and see the world, run and play and check everything out in the big city that is now my home.

Email the Pet Haven people at dogs@pethavenmn.org if you would like to meet me.  I'll be waiting!

No comments: