Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good Boy Gus!

Meet Gus:For such a friendly, spunky little guy, he sure is camera shy! Someone needs to tell him how good he looks since having his spa day a few weeks ago. This is what Gus looked like when he first came to Pet Haven:


At around 6 years old, Gus is a sweet boy with very good manners. At the last two adoption events, he was the resident greeter for Pet Haven – the first one to invite all of our visitors to stop in to say hi to the dogs! Despite his outgoing personality when out in public, Gus enjoys taking time for himself when he's home, read what Gus's foster Mom, Ann, had to say:

“My couch is only about 6 inches off the ground and my dogs have never even attempted to go under there, but Gus loves it. He flattens his body to the ground, spreads out his long legs and squeezes himself under there. He's so quiet when he's under there that I sometimes forget where he is. He only gets out when I get up off the couch, then he'll scramble to get out and follow me into the other room.

He also loves to sleep under my bed, which is easier for him to fit under. He sleeps under there all night, doesn't come out until I get up in the morning. But he also will dive under there any chance he gets. I usually keep my bedroom door closed because I don't want my dogs in my bed all day, but on more than one occasion, I've gone in there to get something really quick, closed the door behind me and come back downstairs...then 30 minutes will go by and I'll realize that I haven't seen Gus in awhile...so I call his name all over the house...and hear him scrambling on the hardwood floors to get out from under my bed! He dove under there so fast (I was in the room for 5 seconds) that I didn't even notice!”

If you’d like to learn more about Gus or any of our other adoptable pets, email dogs@pethavenmn.org and someone will get back to you soon!





No comments: